CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We made our decision and we are not taking home the dog. Barry and I were a little surprised by Emma's reaction. She didn't really want to get done and play with the dog, but I almost could not blame her; the dog kept going for her toes...well, make that EVERYONE'S. It became a little bothersome. I know we could change that behavior, but we just felt this was not the one for us.

She was a good dog in other ways. She never barked, knew where the door was to go out and potty, was on the small side. You did need to be aware of which side you were approaching her on because of her only having one eye, but other than that she was a good doggy.

I think I might have my heart set on a puppy; one that Emma can "grow" with and we can train from the beginning (people, I know puppies bite and nip too...but it's one thing when your trying to break that behavior and then stick your fingers in their mouth to nip on). Anyways, we have put it on hold. The breeder I found does have a male and female ready to go so we're debating if now is good or not. They will have some other pups ready in a month or so.

So, we'll see what happens.

No comments: