The last two weeks have been a little crazy for us. Two weeks ago Emma started itching everywhere and then broke out in a rash and tiny bumps. Creams didn't seem to be working and we were having to give her Benadryl so she would sleep at night. After a week, it did not look as if it was getting better. When your little girl says, "Mommy can you take away the itch," and you watch her scratch all day until her skin bleeds, it breaks your heart.
I had gotten a couple of recommendations for a pediatric dermatologist but found out, very quickly, it's not easy to get into one, and there are not many of them around. One out of Texas Children's Hospital said they could not see her until February! Thankfully, I got her into one for a week later, which we saw this past Monday. I really liked her and although Emma's itch and rash was gone, the doctor felt she had a reaction to something she came in contact with.
I'm very thankful it was nothing more and it has cleared up. We've not yet figured out what caused it, but we are suspicious of a new bug repellent we used a few days prior to the outbreak.
So, other than the mosquito bites we frequently get, all the itches are gone. Thank you Jesus.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I hate the "itches". Glad she is feeling better.
Post a Comment