CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pictures after the hurricane....

Well, it's been awhile since I've blogged, but there has been a lot going on. Emma and I got back from California on the 25th of September and then a week later on October 2nd, I headed back to CA, by myself (which was a trip planned two months ago). I had such a good time relaxing, hanging with my sis, and scrap booking. It was nice to have a break from the responsibilities of parenting. I recommend all mommies do this sometime. Emma stayed with daddy and her grandparents helped fill in when she was not in school. I left my camera at home, so I have no pictures of this past weekend. Although I do have pics of Emma's first soccer game, which I missed but I've not taken them off the camera yet.

I just got back on Sunday afternoon and I've been trying to catch up. It feels like a whirlwind the past month. When the electricity came back on, our refrigerator bit the dust, and I had to throw all my food away. All that time we had the generator and I did not have to worry about my food and in the end I lost most of it. We're not sure if it's Ike related, but nonetheless we had to get a new one. So, it's being delivered tomorrow and I can't wait. I'll take pics to you can see.

The pictures below are from Saturday the 13th. Ike came through around 4 a.m. Saturday morning...
This is along Spring Cypress, which is the main street we take to get pretty much anywhere. The trees fell on the power lines and right into the street. This is just two lanes on each side, and it can get pretty busy.

We saw many trees uprooted like this along Spring Cypress and in Gleannloch Farms.

This tree flew through the roof of a home in our subdivision. Many homes still have blue tarps covering their roofs while they wait to get it repaired.
Trees snapped in half, everywhere.
Tree feel right through the fence into the backyard.
Shingles on the roof blown up like paper.
It's amazing to think huge trees like this just lifted right out of the ground, but then again we had tons of rain, it made the ground very soft.

No comments: