CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Goldie and Homer...

Emma's been asking for a pet. She says she wants a dog, but I'm not sure she's ready for one, nor are her parents. So, we decided on some fish, goldfish to be exact. So, on Sunday, March 15th, after church, we head over to Petco to get ourselves some fish.

Emma wanted two, Goldie and Homer. We're not really sure if we had two girls or boys or just what, but Emma liked those names. So, we got all our supplies, came home and set her up.




Unfortunately, one died within 8 hours and we knew the other was not going to make it as well. Barry found the second one the next morning. So now we had to break it to our little girl that her pet fish did not make it through the night. She cried. We felt so bad for her.

Have no fear though, being the kind, gentle, loving mommy that I am, I took her back to the pet store the following day. This time we talked with Eric. Love Eric. Gave us so much good information. But we decided to skip the goldfish and settled on two Sunburst Platys. They are smaller and much more lively. So far Goldie II and Pumpkin (they are both girls) are doing very well and lots of fun to watch. Barry and I are even enjoying them.

No comments: