CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Rodeo and Livestock Show...

In March the Rodeo and Livestock Show comes to Texas. Since we did not make it last year, we planned to go this year with the Sweitzers. On Thursday we loaded the car up and headed to downtown to see the Livestock show and carnival.

It was so much fun and the weather was perfect. I was amazed at all the cows and pigs, and sheep and rabbits...just rows and rows and rows. We spent quite a bit of time outside riding the carnival rides, watching the pig races, riding the Ferris wheel and seeing a dog show.

The other thing you can't get enough of is fried, Twinkies, fried Oreos, fried whatever you can think of. But I was fine with my Cherry Limeade. Yummy.

Hannah and Emma waiting in line for the Ferris wheel. Emma LOVED it. She even put her hands up in the air.

The girls "riding" on the John Deer tractor. One of many!

We watched the pig races and afterward you could hold the baby pig. Well, Emma really wanted to do this, so she got her chance. She's really into pigs right now. I'm so proud of her.

Barry bought each of the girls their very own pig nose. Great.

High atop the Ferris wheel. That's Machelle and myself looking up.

The following pictures are inside where they show the livestock. I found this really fascinating. Maybe because I'm a city girl and never saw anything like this before.


Emma looking on.

No comments: