Today marks the day of my 38th birthday! I awoke this morning to Emma bounding through my bedroom and climbing up on the bed with gift and card in hand. She has been so excited about this day. I opened my gift and saw that she had gotten me a teddy bear, and chocolates. So precious.
We attended church at Champion Forest Baptist, this was our first time there and enjoyed it. Emma had told her Sunday school teacher today was her mama's birthday, so they made a card for me.
This is only the second time in my life that I have not been with my sister on our birthday. The first time was 18 years ago when she was in England. I was glad we were able to connect on the web cam and talk for a little bit. I'm looking forward to my parents coming in two weeks and we'll get to celebrate all over again.
For dinner we went down the street to my in-laws and had dinner. It was so yummy. Jessica (my niece) made one of my favorites from her mom, chicken enchiladas and rice. Thank you Jess and Bern. We had my favorite cake, German chocolate with butter cream frosting. I was stuffed afterwards. I got a gift card to Coach from Dave and Norma and one from Barry. So, can you guess where I'm headed? They just opened an outlet mall, not far from here, with some of my favorite stores. I've heard it's pretty crowded since they just opened, but I'm eager to check it out.
Besides missing my sister and my Coffee Bean, today turned out quite nice.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment