Yesterday I had to vacuum out Emma's closet...her cousin had given her fairy wings and a wand that had A LOT of glitter on it. Well, that glitter was falling off in chunks and it was all over her floor. So, I pulled everything out to vacuum and while I did that, decided to purge the things she did not play with any more or wear. Then, I decided to re-arrange her closet.
Her closet has the Elfa system in it from The Container Store that was already installed by the previous owners. So being the non-mechanical person that I am and not knowing how this system works I had some trouble. I ended having to call the store and have them walk me through how to take the shelves off and then put them back on. This whole project took the entire afternoon!
Emma seems to like it, but when she woke up this morning, she said in a grumpy voice, "Put my room back the way it was." Wow, I guess we woke up on the wrong side of the bed...she's not really a morning person. Then, after getting up and dressed, she said, "Mommy, I like the way my room is." Girls.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love cleaning out and organizing too. It always feels like I accomplished a lot. TOO funny that your daughter wanted her room back at first. For some reason my kidlets LOVE a messy playroom. I swear there was a mix up at the hospital and they aren't mine.
Good job Debbie. You were very industrius by calling Container Store. I bet they get calls like that all the time. I'm glad Emma decided that she like her room . . . after all the work you put into it. Yes, girls!
Mom
Post a Comment