CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Old Time Fun...

Emma was invited to a classmates 5th birthday party....roller skating at the local roller rink! Yes, that's right, they're still around, at least in Texas. I was amazed at how many people were there...but we had a great time. Emma skated, or tried to, for the first time, and I brought my own skates from years ago. Emma spent most of her time "skating" on the carpet and I was out on floor. It brought back so many memories from growing up at the roller rink in Cypress, CA. Emma was a little overwhelmed by the loud music and all the people...but now she wants lessons.

You can't really see me in this picture, but I'm there skating. It was really funny because this kid skates up to me and says, "How do you skate in those?" (I had the four wheel skates) and I said when I was his age, they didn't make the in-line ones yet (at least I don't think they did). His response, "Wooooo. Really. That's weird."

I think I'm getting old.


No comments: