CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One Day at a Time...

Do not worry at all then about tomorrow. Tomorrow can take care of itself!...
Matthew 6:34

Well, the election is over, and it certainly didn't go the way I had planned. However, now I need to move forward and trust that God is in control. He knew how this was going to turn out, so I need to have faith and not worry about tomorrow.

When I read my devotion for the day, I was amazed at what I read...the timing could not have been more perfect.

"...there is great relief in recognizing afresh that our lives are in the Lord's hands. We need to live today as much as we can to the glory of God...the Lord invites us to release our burdens into His care...how freeing it is to let go of our anxiety about the "what-ifs" of our lives and focus instead on seeking His kingdom and His righteousness...make the best use of your time, despite all the evils of these days. Don't be vague, but firmly grasp what you know to be the will of the Lord" (excerpt from Abiding in Christ by Cynthia Heald).

No comments: